I have seen you in the eyes of a hundred thousand other stranger faces.
I have seen you in unlikely and unfamiliar places.
I have seen you be reckless in matters of love.
I remember when i was so in love with God. Everywhere i looked i saw him in some form or another. Recently i haven't cared to much to make it a main focus in my life. My love hasnt been what it was originally. Late last night i was thinking about this while i was watching "Lockdown - The women of Valley Center Penitentiary" (dont let ridiculousness of that statement take away what im trying to say;) My life has been great, more than great; incredible. The fact that my life has been so good takes away my need to consult with God every other hour. I can feel my soul giving out because i haven't had Gods strength to keep it together. I hate that feeling. Lukewarm is the word to describe this. even though i pray every once in awhile, and i talk about God every so often, my passion is nothing like it was a month or two ago.
Im going to get that positive, grateful, COMPLETELY in love side of me back.
(And no Adrienne, the fact that i made Great Lake Swimmer's lyrics to describe a time in my life does not mean im trying to say that they are in fact Christian. Even though they might possibly be.. ;)
Raspberries are so freakin delicious. I just wish they would thaw out faster, and that i would start my school work at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment