Monday, February 22, 2010

The Garden that You Planted

God continues to amaze me. I was thinking about this last night, (Sadly i didn't get to catch the episode of Lockdown; women of valley center penitentiary;) about how God plants the seed in us. He shows us his love and embraces us even when we think we dont need him. He waters us and gives us the right amount of sunlight. He has *patience* with us, so much in fact that he will continue to water the seed he planted in us. We make the choice to grow and He will chose what flower we will become according to his plan. This is if we accept him. If we do not, he still has patience. He will continue to water you your whole life, even if you do not ever accept him.
Now we also uproot ourselves. We turn on God for our own desires. He makes himself so vulnerable to us, giving us His complete love and loyalty. Even when we decide we have grown enough with God and we tear out of the soil he digs us another hole and waits for us to ask for forgiveness. We almost always do. He doesn't simply show his light on someone else and be done with us. Isnt that amazing?
I challenge you this week to focus on patience with one another. If someone turns their back on you, give them time to turn back around. Work on your tolerance. You are smart enough to know when to not tolerate someone; like when someone is taking advantage of you. But i think our tolerance is way to short. We should expand it. Even though we will get hurt, God will be with us . Being vulnerable is extremely hard. I mean, almost all men and women build up walls and alter egos just so that they dont get hurt. Get out of your comfort zones people, remember why we are here. What kind of example can you be today?

"Good morning dear, i hope i didnt wake you too soon,
Becuase my mind is growing tired to much thinking what i should do. I picture you up there,
it must be beautiful this time of year. All those east cost leaves floating around like ember from burning trees.
Well the weather out here is just the same, but the garden that you planted remains"

I love mornings. I love waking up wrapped in a series of blankets. I love the sun, it warms my skin just enough. I love finding something, like a song or bible verse to add with the goodmorning i send (via text) to my beautiful dearest. Even if she doesnt always read the verse or listen to the song. Its the thought that counts right? ;) I love scrounging around the house for something to eat while im half awake. I love that everything is just right in this moment. I realize how grateful i am, i can feel God closer to me than my own carelessly thrown on shirt. I love the way, right before i get up, my dog slams against my door always startling me (even though i know its coming). Only to jump on my bed and pummel me into the wall. I love listening to music and getting myself ready for whatever the day prepares. So good, so good.

"Does it ever catch your eye? Beauty divine.
In an old mans tears, in a little girls smile. It feels like a song,
one that belongs to you. Stop making sense, your weakest defense.
Just quite your mind, let the world unwind"

No comments:

Post a Comment