I was thinking about how much pain we have when someone close to us fades further away. Whether it be a relationship, family member or just a close friend. It hurts so badly. You can feel them slipping and you feel as if your holding on to what strings you have left trying to reel them in and let them see your love. Im not having that problem at the moment, but i remember some friends of mine telling me things similar to this. And just remembering my own past friendships.
That led my thinking to how much God puts himself in everything we are, everything we see, hear, love. Love, definitely love. (though we *hardly* see him) So why not pain? God gave us a certain someone (at points, different someones for different times in your life. Until you find the one that will be with you until death) to experience his love with. And when you find that person you feel overwhelmed. Thats not even a fraction of the way God feels with us. Not even an ounce. When we pull apart from God it hits him much harder than the hurt we will ever feel. (And we do that quite a bit) Is that a reason we feel pain? To understand (an ounce of) what God feels when we dismiss him?
"December come to me
I hope I can see
You not just in dreams"
I've been appreciating my days more and more because it means i can share it with you. Even if you feel compelled to put in your earrings when i am.
"I will let you be
Why can't you believe
How much you really mean"
I think Fun is an exceptional band. The lyrics are awesome, the sound is incredibly unique and the guys voice is refreshing. Weird choice of word, but i mean it. Good stuff right there.
"December won't you come
Back with snow even some
Don't say that it's done"
Snow is beautiful. I cant even express my love for it. Its good that its so freakin beautiful or i would absolutely hate it for what a inconvenience it is.
"I will carry you home
Take you from the loneliest
You have known"
I've gotten my own room now. My brother hasn't slept in our room for awhile regardless but it feels more like mine now that hes taken the liberty to move into our gym downstairs. I have a feeling our weightlifting station is going to become a nice place to hang clothes. I moved things around, made it mine. Temporarily at least. Which is fine by me, ill take what i can get.
Do you know what it feels like when things are taken away from its routine nature? When simple things like when a room undergoes a makeover, it feels like a comfortable change, refreshing. I had been in a bad place and was sick of the routine i had installed into my life. And though i knew that it was not in the room itself that i had been so displeased with, but the fact that i needed to get out of a rut (funk) emotionally. A slight change helped me realize that it was not routine itself that made me discouraged but that fact that i had become so comfortable with it. I saw that i was going through the motions with God and after some encouragement i changed that. God and i are pretty good today. Like my heart. I suppose they go hand in hand anyways.
"I will carry you home
Take me from the loneliest
Place I have known"
I really like coffee. Something i hoped not to inherit from my parents. (Mom, i need a sandwich.. extra mayo!)
No comments:
Post a Comment