The mirror said everything. The deepened notches in my skin, the hardened expression, undercoated with a gentleness i have been fighting for my whole life. I saw the trials of my faith, the trails of my own strength. I have grown so much, i have done so much. Love has seeped in my veins just as power has drained from then. I broke down the levies of my coldness and the warmth rushed through me.
Friends have come and gone, with that my old self. I have changed so much. And in this moment i realize that i am not the same person. It's frightening, and as far away from my comfort zone as i have ever gotten. I have been tried only to fail, and i have been humbled only to succeed. My hands are strong now. And im ready to be whoever i am now.
I want to show a different power, one that is much deeper than pride can ever sink. I want to let it run from my mouth like honey. A new touch, i new care for the world. A hope that carries me past my future trails. I have just begun, but weak i am not. And i intend to show each person the new fibers of my being.
I've been hanging by the last threads, but God has sewn them into something beautiful. I thank him every time he patches me up.
There is so much i have yet to learn and so much i have yet to show and grow in, but right now, as i look into this mirror, i can feel the passion well up. Im free to love myself.
And with that, i can love you.
Im further along than i have ever come.
No comments:
Post a Comment