Tuesday, May 24, 2011

McGrasta, The Grand Neighborhood Lawn Keeper

     I just finished cleaning out my entire room (Entire includes the heep of crud jam packed in my closest; Yeah, i went There) looking for my motorcycle keys and eventually found them in my motorcycle jacket when i had finally given up hope. "Why would they be in a motorcycle jacket??" 
     Anyways, i sat down and started listening to Clarensau. A band that has a very raw sound of a man and a women opening their souls to one another and God, it's wonderful. I was skipping through (stalking) some people i missed when i happened across Grant's profile, an old youth minister who instilled a lot of hope and love in me, and he was asking for prayers of his sister (in-law?)'s little baby. I went to the husbands blog, the newest posts were of the little baby, Maggie. Not soon after she was born did they figure out she was almost certainly going to die. His thoughts and prayers were littered throughout his page. "I shouldn't be thinking of the things im going to say at her eulogy, i should be thinking of kissing her little toes and holding her small fingers". 
    Im not going to lie, i shed a few tears. His faith in God through everything was incredible. (she is well and stable now) It's not something i express in troubles, the fact that God can change outcomes based on our prayers. I usually think God lets what happens, happen. And since he knows what is best; we should pray for the strength to go with the outcomes he brings. It wasn't the case this time. I felt this tug at my heart, not the subtle one i usually feel, but something so much stronger. And as i prayed i felt God in a way i haven't in a long time. 
   Sometimes, even though i am Really skeptical, it's as if God sets up opporitunities for me to feel him. Like turning on a band like Clarensau, reading a faithful post, and being in the right state of mind, just to feel a hint of Himself. Anyways, if you are the praying type, keep Maggie in your prayers.


   The storms today were crazy as hell, lightning and freaked out drivers going 60 are not a good mix. But it gave me and my car some good ole' bonding time. I've been watching tornado youtube videos for awhile now.. 


Also, this huge passion for fighting in the UFC has come over me lately. I might go join my old gym again. Im also feeling pretty good about forensic science. Maybe i'll just do both. Yeah.. that sounds good! 


 Alright.. Im going to get some cleaning and eating done. Late!


"We'll paint the sky our own shade tonight,
         Whatever colors you like
I've never seen the moon shine so bright,
         color's to my ears, music to my eyes"

No comments:

Post a Comment